Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement for 2019
In consideration of
being permitted to
participate in any way in any of the Western PA Orienteering Club
listed below, I and/or
my minor child, our personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next
1. Acknowledge, agree, and represent that I and/or my minor child understand the nature of orienteering activities and that I and/or my minor child are qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activity. I further agree that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I and/or my minor child will immediately discontinue further participation in the activity.
2. Fully understand that (a) orienteering activities involve risks and dangers of serious injury or in extreme cases, death. (risks) (b) these risks and dangers may be caused by me and/or my child's own actions, or inaction, or the actions or inaction of others participating in the activity, the condition in which the activity takes place, or the negligence of the “releasees” named below; (c) there may be other risks either not known to me or not readily foreseeable, and I fully accept all such risks and responsibility for losses, costs and damages, I and/or my minor child incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
3. Hereby accept and assume all such risks, and assume all responsibility for the losses, costs and/or damages following such injury, or death, even if caused in whole or in part, by the negligence of the “releases” named below.
4. Hereby release, discharge and covenant not to sue the member club, their respective administrators, directors, agents, officers, officials, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, Orienteering USA, host third party operators and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the "releasees" herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the “releases” or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations, and I further agree that if, despite this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk and indemnity agreement I and/or my minor child, or anyone on my and/or my minor child's behalf, makes a claim against any of the releasees I will indemnify, save and hold harmless each of the releases from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may incur as the result of such claim.
5. I have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and have signed it freely without the inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.
6. The undersigned, if not already a member of Orienteering USA, is/are granted a one-time guest membership to Orienteering USA for the dates stated below. Please note that this membership does not entitle you to the entire list of benefits of an annual member.